Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Iyemon Salon Kyoto

Sometimes I have to get up very early in the morning to go to Maeniiya Guesthouse.  I am not a morning person but there is one motivation for getting up early.  That is to treat myself to a nice restaurant's breakfast!

Iyemon Salon Kyoto is Restaurant and Bar, managed by Suntory.  So the displayed bottles of whiskey in the restaurant are mostly Suntory's "Yamazaki."  They open until 12 midnight.

Iyemon is located near Karasuma and Sanjo intersection.  You can view a courtyard garden which is shared with Mitsui Garden Hotel Kyoto Sanjo.  The place was almost full when I entered the restaurant around 8:30AM.

This is "Iyemon's Breakfast" (1,000 yen).  (Please excuse my out-of-focus photo.)

Grilled white fish with mushroom and leek's thick sauce called "ankake," lotus root's "kinpira" (saute and simmer style Japanese cooking), and sesame tofu.  What a happy breakfast!

No comments: