Saturday, June 16, 2012

Lunch at "Hanakago"

Hanakago restaurant opened in September of last year in Gion, near Yasaka Pagoda.  

At first, I thought it was a dessert cafe restaurant, but the other day, I noticed a signboard of their pasta lunch menu, so I went in for the very first time.

I ordered a 1,500 yen lunch set of hors d'oeuvres, homemade bread, and "pasta" which they change menu daily. This is a plate of their hors d'oeuvres;  egg omelet, ratatouille, carrot and tuna salad, fritt of fresh-water smelt in oil, bruschetta of bonito, uncured fresh ham.

The homemade bread was very delicious, too.

From several kinds of pasta they had in the menu, I chose vegetable pasta with a horse mackerel. Haricot beans, field peas, zucchini, broccoli, corn and tomato... It was a very colorful pasta.

I completed my lunch with a set of dolce and coffee (500 yen).  Great lunch, and I should have come earlier!!

No comments: