Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Restaurant "KUU" in Kyoto Tower

After I finished shopping at a general merchandise store in front of Kyoto Station, I went to Kyoto Tower which is only a few minute walk away from the station. 


Restaurant "KUU" is on the 3rd floor of Kyoto Tower.  I ordered their lunch set "Summer of Kyoto" (2,000 yen) which is offered until September 30.  The first plate was katsuo (bonito) sashimi with Japanese plum jelly.

Next was cold creamy corn soup.

Main plate:  filet mignon steak, grilled sea bass and shrimp with tomato sauce, gratin of eggplant, a choice of bread or rice. And coffee was served after the meal.

I enjoyed the view of some historic sites in the distance, as much as the food.

2 comments:

Japan-Australia said...

I bet the view from up there is amazing. I often can see Tokyo Tower from up on the balcony of Kiyomizu-dera.

Japan Australia

Kyoto Machiya Inn said...

Hi Japan-Australia,
Yes, the view added a nice spice to the meal (^^)!