Friday, April 23, 2010

Tsuboniwa's Spring

Trees and shrubs in our tsuboniwa garden of Maeniiya Guest House began to bud.

Tsuge (Japanese Box Wood): This tree is used to make combs in Japan. Tsuge combs have been loved by Japanese women for centuries.

Nandina (miniture type)

Nandina

Jinchouge (Daphne): flower is very fragrant!


Our garden's troublemaker, very invasive "dokudami (houttuynia cordata)" also began to thrive, and I've been very busy getting rid of them.

When I was pulling out dokudami plants yesterday, some seeds were attached to them, and they were corns! Very lovely♪

I trust these were from "popcorns" which our guests made during their stay! I miss the family who stayed at our machiya a few months ago -- especially their 3 year old beautiful Princess...

I took these corns to my house and planted in my planter.
But, can we harvest corns from planters...!?

No comments: